Smart technology is really shaping our modern lives. Even if you’re holding off on buying that Amazon Echo or Google Home for entertainment or household use purposes, smart tech is probably affecting your life in a variety of other ways. Smart appliances and home installations are the next phase in the artificial intelligence revolution that will revolutionize the world. This isn’t hyperbole, it’s just the evolution of technology. But how does any of that apply to your sprinkler system? Many people are transitioning to smart sprinkler controllers to help with water consumption and more. Do you need one of these in your yard? Here are 5 reasons to consider installing a smart sprinkler controller.
- Save money. While not all smart sprinkler controllers are the same, this article about one such wifi controlled sprinkler system declares that it can save you significant money but cutting your water use by as much as 30%. You can also set up watering zones so you’re not wasting money by watering every area of your lawn or garden at the same time or with the same amounts. As with most of this technology, the cost may be greater up front, but it will help save money overall.
- Water conservation. Of course, saving money on your monthly water bills isn’t the only reason to consider a smart sprinkler system, though it may be the motivation you need to get started. Especially in California, where drought is a major concern, the idea of water conservation is top of mind for many home owners. By reducing your water usage, you can do your part by using less water overall.
- Save time. It may sound crazy, but a wifi enable smart sprinkler controller can also save you time. Imagine you’re out of town, at work, or running errands. You can check in on your smart sprinkler system and ensure that it working according to plan, saving you time and personal energy. Control it with your phone or by establishing the settings ahead of time and letting your system do all the work.
- Don’t water in the rain. Smart controllers will also let nature take the wheel sometimes. We’ve all walked past homes and businesses when their sprinkler systems were running in the rain. This use of municipal water is unnecessary and with a smart sprinkler controller with a rain sensor, you can avoid this.
- Maintenance schedules. You’ll also notice maintenance issues faster, so you can contact an expert for the proper repair without missing a beat. You can even establish regular checks with the controller so it can tell you when an issue has arisen or provide you with the encouragement to get regular maintenance to avoid further problems.
Are you curious about smart technology and how a smart sprinkler controller can benefit you? Contact the Bay Area’s sprinkler repair specialists today!