Drip Irrigation Installation & Repair
Sometimes an in-ground sprinkler system isn’t the best solution for keeping your plants lush and healthy. For many applications, a drip irrigation system is a better option.
Drip irrigation allows you to water several plants from a single drip line that applies water directly to the soil. That means less waste, less evaporation, and less spray. Drip irrigation is perfect for a variety of scenarios:
- Potted plants. It doesn’t make sense to water potted plants with a sprinkler system, since most potted plants are kept on decks or patios where the spray would just be wasted. Drip systems allow you to water your plants automatically, and can also make it easier to adjust if you decide to move plants around
- Non-native species. Some plants can have significantly different watering needs based on their native climates. If you have cacti, ferns, succulents or tropical plants, drip irrigation might be right for you.
- Windy areas.If you live in a particularly windy area, such as Dublin, much of the water from your in-ground sprinkler system could just blow away. Delivering water right to the root via a drip system solves this problem.
- If you have a weed problem. If you have a recurring or difficult to manage weed problem, drip irrigation will help starve them of the water they need to thrive.
- If you have bad soil. If you live in a city with with hard, nutrient-poor soil like Livermore, switching to drip irrigation makes it easier to deliver ongoing fertilizer to your plants.
Drip Irrigation Problems
Of course, drip irrigation systems aren’t without problems. Drip lines can be vandalized, tripped on, or eaten by rodents, and improper installation is always a risk if you call the wrong people. The best way to avoid these issues is to bring in an expert who can help determine if your property is a good fit for drip irrigation.
So is drip irrigation right for you? Speak with one of our irrigation specialists today and find out.
Our Drip Irrigation Services
Call our team any time for:
- New drip system design & installation
- Drip system repair, including leak repair, line replacement, controller repair, and more
- Replacing a sprinkler system with a drip system
- System extensions & retrofits
We only use high-quality parts for all drip systems, such as Netafim Techlines, so we’ll always leave your system ready to perform for the long term. Call now for pricing and availability.